This episode features an interview with Dan Fitzhenry who is the leader of the Southampton Conservative Group at Southampton City Council. We asked Dan 8 key questions around what the local council are doing to support small and medium-sized businesses.
The full list of questions are summarised below with the timing’s included if you want to skip ahead:
- How is Southampton Council currently operating? How are they prioritising key services and how are those decisions being made? 2:45
- In what way are the council supporting small businesses? 5:45
- Looking at the grants available from the council for local businesses, talk us through the eligibility to benefit from a grant? 7:50
- Do you know how many applications have been received so far? 11:15
- Do you know what the time frame for payment is? 12:55
- What about the broader support available for businesses such as the business interruption loans? What are the catches? 13:35
- Any parting words of advice? 19:30
- What is the best way to contact the council? 21:25
If your business is not based in Southampton this will still be worth listening to. Most councils are applying the same process.